Sunday, February 20, 2011

Sunday - Like It Should Be

Our whole family was able to go to church this morning. It felt completely right sitting in our pew surrounded by the Oak Grove church family that has been so faithfully praying for us. Daniel was home from college this weekend to spend time with his brother.

Tomorrow Thomas starts his outpatient therapy at "Shepherd Pathways". He will work on skills that will enable him to catch up with school work and return to school. They're saying he'll need to do this two to four weeks. (Of course I'm hoping it will be sooner rather than later!)

There are no words to express my gratitude to all of you for the prayers and kindness you have shown us. We are through the worst of this ordeal in record time, but Thomas has to be extremely careful right now – for the next year or so – to NOT re-injure his brain.

I continue to ask for your prayers. Please know I feel very connected to all of you who have petitioned God for this miracle.

Thank you!

Virginia

3 comments:

  1. Virginia, I was completely overwhelmed when I saw Thomas walk into the youth cafe this morning!! I'm sure he was overwhelmed too as he was the local celebrity! :) But speaking with him and Daniel was truly a blessing for me today. I continue to pray for your entire family...

    Peace, Mia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Mia! The boys told me that you know their cousin Rachel! How cool! Thank you for your kind words and for your prayers!

    ReplyDelete