Saturday, April 30, 2011

Update from Virginia

Hello,

I'm sorry I haven't updated the blog in a while and I'm very grateful to those of you still praying for Thomas. He continues to improve in his strength and endurance and believe it or not he's caught up in most of his classes at Lakeside. Although he can't participate in his favorite sport – Ultimate Frisbee – he stays active with the team by videotaping the games and sitting on the bench. 

Recently Mary Loftus from Emory Magazine wrote a wonderfully comprehensive article on Thomas and the doctors who saved his life. The link is here: http://www.emory.edu/EMORY_MAGAZINE/issues/2011/spring/

If you would like to view the video that was made for the Grady White Coat Gala honoring Bernie Marcus the new link is: http://fineline.atlmac.com/upload/View/2m1n2a1j2b1h281h
Thank you all for your many kind words and prayers. 

love to you all, Virginia Sowell

4 comments:

  1. I check this site daily to see if there is an update. I am so excited that Thomas is making such great strides in his recovery. Will keep praying for him to keep up the great work and in no time, he will be playing ultimate frisbee again. Tell Thomas that I am so proud of him and he should just keep up the good work. My love to all y'all, Malka

    ReplyDelete
  2. I finally got the second link to upload. Well, now that I have wiped the tears from my face, all I've got to say is, way to go to the medical staff that cared for Thomas and of course to G-d for answering all of our prayers. We are going to keep praying away till Thomas is back to 100%.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Malka! It made us all tear up! Even Bernie Marcus! Dave Drabik did an excellent job on that video.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reading that Emory article made me cry, too! We are so happy Thomas is WELL!!! Much love to you all.

    ReplyDelete